Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Fall Day?

For some reason I woke up today at 9:15 am. I never sleep that late. DH, who is usually still in bed when I wake, was awake having his coffee and reading the paper. He said he woke up at 9 am and I was snoring loudly. Come on, we know women do not snore! :-) I was really disappointed I slept so late because I had plans of working on my table runner early this morning. But what was really a bummer was the fact that it was beautiful outside and I wasted part of the morning sleeping. I immediately had my tea, ran around vacumming, and at 11 am had 2 big pancakes with fresh blueberries and walnuts. Blueberries and walnuts are supposed to be good for you. I do not think the butter and syrup count as good for you. I then took my shower, dressed and went for a walk with my husband.

I know Summer is not officially over, but today felt like a Fall day. Even my geraniums are starting to look spent as the days grow shorter. Maybe I should give them one last shot of plant food to revive them.

Our cat, Kitty, (We are very creative with our animals names) is also starting to show the changes of her coat which sheds at this time of year. Seems weird, but she sheds and then her coat comes in real thick for winter. After our walk, we went to our library, read some magazines, and I picked up a book they had on hold for me. I had them also send for a quilting book that I saw on one of the blogs (I cannot remember which one). The book had the cutest baby quilts made out of log cabins. When I get it, I will show it to you. Finally, we came home and I worked awhile in my sewing room. Sometimes I feel that DH would like me to spend time with him in front of the TV. Tonight, I decided to sit and watch Bones with him, but as soon as it was over I was out of there and back to sewing.
This is what I am working on.

The apples and trees will go around the table runner.
The tree pieces were getting a little confusing. I layed them out before piecing them and then kept them piled up when finished so I could refer to them for the next one. This would be a fast project except I have other projects that I am working on. I still do not know what kind of quilt I will be making for the baby shower. Once I decide, I will have to devote all my time to that quilt.














No comments: