Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am back!

Officially, we were to visit our son in Ma. this past weekend, but thought it best to stay home. The weather forecast was not good and when one gets older driving can be more difficult. We were prepared to leave on Friday, clothes were ironed and packed. Mentally I was ready so when we made the decision to stay home, I went into a slump. We did not know what to do with ourselves. I think it was harder for my husband because he does not have any hobbies (besides playing the horses and lotto!). After cleaning, I finally slipped into my sewing room and escaped the disappointment. On Saturday, I went to my library group (some good came out of staying home) and sewed and chatted with the other women. There were only 8 of us. I guess the rest were afraid of the bad weather that had not come yet. Later that day, my husband, in his infinite wisdom, suggested we go out to dinner. Food seems to placate the soul so off we went in the rain. It is moments like these that I know that I will never be a size 10, 12 or 14, never mind 16!

Sunday was a surprise. DD called that morning and asked us to come for dinner because it was Grandparents day. She said it was last minute and would just be making what she had. It turned out to be a nice day, the food was great, and we enjoyed the grandchildren and their other grandparents.








I have some pictures of things I worked on. The threadworks are 2 of the free designs from Lynette Anderson's designs http://lynetteandersondesigns.typepad.com/. I am not very good at needlework, but enjoyed it. There are more free designs, but I am a slow neddleworker.
The 2 blocks are numbers 8 and 9 from my library group. The table runner below them is not finished. It is from one of my thimbleberries books and will have apples around the border. So...., you see mentally I am back and sewing!

1 comment:

KyQuiltlady said...

Looks like you accomplished a lot. I really like the needlework. I have thought about starting those but have not gotten around to doing it yet. I have had a lot of bindings to do lately and kept my fingers busy. Your blocks are also pretty. Love the colors.