Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Notions and fabrics

Thought I would share some recent purchases I made. The 5 inch squares and fat quarters were from ebay. In the next picture are items from the World Quilt Show and my stop at The Quilted Crow in Boxborough, Ma. which was on the way to our son's home in Westford, Ma. At the Quilted Crow, I purchased Jo Morton fat quarters and 2 patterns. If you are ever in the area you must stop at The Quilted Crow. It is not large but adorable.

One of the purchases that I am very glad I made was at the quilt show. Martelli Enterprises was there. I have seen their rotary cutter on the internet, but did not know anyone who had one. I could never find it in any local quilt store and was very happy to have the opportunity to see it in person. I bought the rotary cutter and have been using it often since I came home. What a pleasure. I have a problem with carpal tunnel syndrome and this cutter is a dream and cuts like butter. So far it has my endorsement as a great ergonomic cutter. Some of my other purchases were more reproduction fat quarters, a ruler that Bonnie Hunter recommends for one of her patterns, and a tube of gel that goes on the Featherweight gears. The bag and entrance fee to the quilt store were paid by my generous son.

If you noticed my messy cutting table, it is now clean and organized for my next project, a baby quilt. Yes, I finally decided on a pattern. I am in the process of finishing log cabin squares that measure 7.5". I also made a copy of part of the shower invitation which will be in the center of the quilt. I will share it with you once I have the top put together. Well, it is late and I am tired. I hope to have more pictures soon in my next post.

No comments: