Friday, August 15, 2008

Frustrated




Here it is Friday and I have not blogged in a week. You know why? I have been sewing and ripping out the little orange block I had made from scraps. I ran into so many problems! I used spray adhesive to keep the sandwich together, I am not too impressed with it. Then I machine quilted a spider web from the center out. First I had the spaces too close together, so rip, rip, rip. Then I had to figure out where to stop and start on either side of the appliques. After all that, the stitching was hardly visible. I guess I should have used a heavier black thread. Oh well. I also wrote the words Boo on the top and bottom border in an orange thread. Also not very visible. Well, this was a practice quilt and I did learn from it. I did put on the binding with the glue technique. I think I really like doing it this way and will continue to use it.


On a good note, I went to Joann's. They have their thread for 50% off and I bought some to try on my grace frame. Aren't the colors great! If I was daring and had more money, I would have bought some of their bright colors. I ran into Joann Powell who used to be the president of the East End Quilters Guild and had one of my favorite quilts in their show. You can see her quilt in my posting of the quilt show. Anyway, she saw me buying thread and got the bug when she saw the colors. Her picks were bright and cheery colors. Hmmm, maybe I should go back tomorrow and buy bright and cheery?


I have to babysit tomorrow evening so I hope to get some cutting done tonight and maybe some piecing.

No comments: