Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fun purchases







Well, DH gave me a gift certificate for my birthday to http://www.patchworks.com/ and cash so I could buy whatever I wanted. I have no complaints! These are the gifts I love because now that I am retired, I can use them to take classes or buy quilting stuff. We also went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Chachama Grill. It sounds like a burrito place but is far from that. It is a little pricey for us, but we go for the price fixed meal of $38.00 I had an appetizer of crab and avocado salad, a main course of pan seared shrimp over purple peruvian mashed potatoes and coconut flan for dessert. DH had oysters rubio, loin of pork and a warm chocolate cake. My mouth is watering and it is only 10 am.

Now down to business. I shopped! I went to Patchworks and bought 2 yards each of their $4.00 sale fabric. The blue floral and the light blue fabrics are Danielles P & B textile. The dark green is Thimbleberries Fancy Free. The fat quarters are a child's novelty print of fireman and coordinating fabric. Should make an adorable quilt for a child. My husband is a retired NYC fireman so maybe one of my grandchildren will get it.
I also bought from Connecting Threads 48 fat quarters of their sale Fall Country Essentials and purchased an additional 2 yards of their pumpkin print, for borders. Maybe I should have bought 3 yards? I have really tried to not buy fabric, but, hey, it was my birthday. Isn't that a time for frivolous purchases!?
Today, we will meet with the family for lunch at a local Italian restaurant and celebrate with them.

No comments: