Sunday, August 17, 2008

A little tidbit

I had been looking for an end table for the guest room for sometime and did not want to spend a lot of money. Last summer there was a garage sale only a few blocks from my home. I saw this table and immediately bought it for $50.00. Inside was this great 301 singer sewing machine. It came with the table, storage stool and all the hardware. Included in the table was the original sales receipt. A Mrs. Holland bought it in Saratoga Springs, NY, in 1953 for $386. I was 9 years old. Her son told me she sewed on it every day until she died in her eighties. I hope she knows I am taking good care of it. By the way, it really sews well. Oh, that scale, I have not used it in sometime. It just makes me too fat. :-)
I have plenty of UFO's that need attention, but once again I am starting something new! My excuse is that it is an overdue quilt for my neighbor's new baby. The fabric is from my stash which I am really trying to use. I bought the fabric a year or two ago. Well, I better get back to work!













No comments: