Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You have to see it to believe it.

I was about to throw away the left over scraps from the baby quilt, when I thought about Bonnie Hunter's idea of salvaging the remaining fabric. I had fussy cuts all over the place and was not in the mood to spend too much time cutting out anything usable. I decided to just take the fabric, holes and all, and lay it down folded over as best I could. I took my rotary cutter and ruler and sliced across everything. I cannot get over all the strips, 2 1/2" and 1 1/2", of different lengths that came out of it. Even some 2 1/2 squares.
All I have left is this little pile to discard. Bonnie is right, at the cost of fabric we would be throwing out a lot of money already spent.

2 comments:

Linda said...

So glad you used Bonnie's idea for salvaging! It really makes a difference in the long run! In a little over 2 months, I had enough salvage to make a scrappy back for a bed I did for my friends dog - a great dane! Everytime I stich together strips of "leftover" I think about how much money I am saving! :)
Linda

Eileen said...

This is how I think too. Save every scrap, you never know what you can make from it one day.

Thanks for visiting! I really like the little jungle animal quilt you posted about last week or so.